Sunday, May 2, 2010

Crafty Corner with Ashley from A. Brewer Photography


Hello, Ashley. Thank you so much for letting me interview with you. First of all, tell us a little bit about yourself!

HI. Well, I'm pretty simple…I'm Ashley. I live in Madisonville and have been married to my husband, Brandon for almost 5 years. We have a two year old son, Lukas who is the light of our life. He is something else! I work part time at the courthouse, and also have my own Photography Business, a. Brewer Photography. It is my passion, and I love every minute of it!

I have lived in Madisonville my entire life. It has taken me 10 years to figure out what I want to be "when I grow up." After 10 years of college, pursuing about every degree that Madisonville Community College offered, realized that I knew what I wanted to be, all along...and that was a photographer!

I love to travel, particularly going to Florida. I lvoe palm-trees and the ocean. Something about it just makes me smile. My favorite place ever is Goofy Golf. Everyone knows me, knows that, and if you don't know me, well then now ya do!

Tell us about your path to photography! What made you decide to start "A. Brewer Photography" and how long have you been in business?

I have always loved taking pictures. I just never really pictured myself as a "photographer." It's just something that comes natural to me, and something that I love. Often times, I drive my husband nuts by making him pull over on the side of the road simply because, "That looks like a good spot to take a picture." I feel like I walk through life with my eyes operating as a camera lens, always looking for the perfect shot or location.

Finally, after the birth of my son in 2007, I decided, what the heck? What do I have to lose? Late one night I created a.Brewer Photography. It was on a whim and a dream, and two years later it is going fantastic! I remember waking up my husband around 1a.m on a summer night two years ago telling him I had just started a photography business. I think he thought I was crazy, but now today he often helps me when I need assistance.

Where do you find your inspiration? What are some of your favorite photography blogs/websites/books?

I find new inspiration every day. Whether it is a color in a chair, or a creative fabric, or the color of the sky. Inspiration is endless. If I find a random wall, that can be inspiration. Having a 2 year old son, being a wife, and having a job, (well two if you count the photography business,) I find it hard to really sit and read blogs, websites and books.

Describe your ideal photo shoot!

Oh, that's easy! I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to do a beach wedding! The beach is my favorite place, and photography is my passion, so how much better could it be to combine the two!! Hint hint…any brides considering a beach wedding, I'm your gal! J

If money grew on a tree in your backyard, what would you buy with it?

Oh that's easy! J My husband loves to work on cars, so I would build a garage apartment. In the bottom, he could have his 'man' space, and upstairs would be a studio for myself!

Do you have any advice for inspiring young photographers out there?

Keep learning, learning and learning! And don't give up! I have spent countless nights researching and studying the photography business. There is a lot more to it than what I originally thought! But if you love it, then have fun with it! As with anything in life, don't let something you love turn into something that becomes something that isn't fun anymore or something you dread doing.

Can we have the insider's scoop? What specials can we be on the look-out for?

Hmm…well, I work with Giggles & Grins Consignment Boutique to do portrait specials throughout the year. Our next one is May 21-22 2010 and the theme is entitled, "Fairy Tales & Fishing Poles." We plan on doing the portraits outside weather permitting. For these specials, there is only a $10 session fee, and prints are purchased at only $15 a unit.

If anyone wants to schedule, they can just email me at a brewerphotogrpahy@gmail.com or call me!

Also, I have a spring digital mini session special which involved a free mini session and approximately 30 images on a CD with permission to print. Get all of this for $50.00. One outfit, one location please. This goes on until the end of May!

Ashley, thanks so much! It has been a blast!

Thanks for having me!

For more information about Ashley, visit her blog, her website, or her facebook fan page.









0 comments:

Post a Comment